Sunday, February 3, 2008

The joy of climbing up the hill


The hill in my display picture is actually Kledang Hill from Menglembu, Ipoh, Perak, Malaysia. I climbed this hill this afternoon with my friend, my dad and my dad's colleagues. When we reached the hills, i saw a beautiful sight of the hill. The bottom of the hill was swarmed with monkeys. Unfortunately, i did not my camera along, if not i will probably take some pictures of the monkeys there. I always think that climbing a hill is no big deal, cause i always see a lot of youngsters doing it. If they can do it, so can i. That's what i thought... most unfortunately, my prediction turned out to be quite wrong. Climbing up the hill was exhausting. I huffed and puffed going up the hill, like an old car struggling to reach the top. And sadly, i have to admit that i was not as tough as my dad or his colleagues. They really had a good stamina. They walked much faster than my friend and i. We are quite amazed man that aged around their 40's and 50's could be tougher than 2 teenage girls. It showed one thing, youngsters nowadays don't exercise a lot, that's why we can't keep up with them. When climbing up the hill, i enjoyed the scenery very much like the waterfalls, greeneries and the fresh air. The fresh air really kept me going, telling me not to give up too easily. There came a point that my friend and i couldn't take it anymore, we atopped to rest. One of the passer by stopped and told us that young girls like us should not sit down to rest, it was bad for health. We just shook our heads because we just couldn't take it any longer, especially walking for 31 kilometres. Enough, i had enough of this walking. It made me completly breathless. When going down the hill, my friend nike shoe base fell off, and she had a hard time walking down the hill without a proper shoe to wear. I gathered that this experience was genuine and satisfying because i get to spend time with my dad and friend.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hoho, great day there rite? we have to admit we are old di.. haha! your daddy is very kind ar.. still 1and a half hour journey to reach the peak. i think i need some time to transfer the photos to computer. thanks for driving me there. i have a great time with you and your daddy..