Friday, May 8, 2009

Getting Past You

baby,
staying away is the hardest of all
not when you are so near to me
not when you are only a few steps away from me
i tried to run
but now i realized
that i have been running in circles
wherever i go
whichever turn that i take
there you are
standing tall
not waiting with open arms
but with a cold look in your eyes
saying "that it is all over now"after hearing that
i fled.
baby,
i wonder what has gotten into us
what we used to have
was it all just a dream?
looking at our old pictures together
reminiscing what's left of the past
it was sweet.
oh, so short but yet so sweet.
but, now...all bitter and cold.
baby,
a worthy mistake is you.
falling in loveis not a crime
breaking apart is not a crime
a choice to make
fearing that there is no end to the mistake
you chose to walk out of my life
you chose to give up on us.
baby,pictures paint a thousand words
but little do they know
that it only tell half of the story
people may taunt at us
but i do believethat with time
people may finally see us as a pair
but do we really need their approval to be happy?
baby,
it was not a coincidence that we are together
it was not a coincidence that we are apart now
it is just that we arent meant to be
if there is a second chance,
would you take it?
baby,
a chance has gone by
and time has fly by us
maybe it is time to let it all burn
the scarlet heart which once used to be entwinedis now black, bleeding and broken.
baby,
if you have moved onand all ready and set to leave this behind
i will follow suit too
even though i am yet ready
to let go of you
to let go of us.
baby,
as i lay here crying
knowing that everything has change
done and for all.
baby,
thank you for
holding me when i was down
holding me when i was weak
holding me when i was fragile
thank you for making me laugh
thank you for wiping off my tears
thank you for your love.
baby,
i never regret of you being part of my life
having you was the best part of all
even though it was not long
but it was all so short and sweet.
baby,
saying "I love you" to you
those three words
will never lose its meaningas i am speaking from my heart
when i say "I missed you"it was when i feel so lonely without you
it was when i needed you the most.
baby,
you were always there for me.
maybe it is all gone now especially when it is all over
maybe it is a little too late for me to say
that i'm missing all that
that i'm missing you badly
baby,
do you hear me?
do you hear my heart beating for you?
do you hear my heart crying out longingly for you?
can you see my heart bleeding?
do you feel the same as i do?
baby,
i just simply missed your heart beating alongside with mine
i just simply missed the whole of you
i just simply missed being with you
i just simply missed your everything.
baby,
if i told you not to leave
will you do that?
if i told you to stay
will you do that?
if i told you to die for me
will you do that?
baby,
our song is playing
but now the melody, the rhythm,
the lyrics,
have all gone wrong now.
it is playing nowa whole different song:
monotonously, words gone all blurry.
baby,
i sincerely doubt
that it was merely a dream.
i sincerely doubt
that it was all just a game to you.
i sincerely doubt
that i was ever being used.
i sincerely doubt
that it was merely just an infatuation.
i sincerely believe
that it was all true.
blame me for being foolish
but i am glad that i fell for such a trick.
baby,
i am scared.
i am afraid.
i am confused.
i am lost.
i need you.
baby,
in the end
there will always be a distance between us from now on.
in the end
we are just still strangers.
walking pass each other
and finally
killing everything.
I like this poem that my friend wrote, my heart feels the same way as the poem...

No comments: